Friday, April 5, 2013

New Goal for April - LYOF

So much is on the go at the moment, but after lots of thought and new inspiration I have decided to tackle the Sewing Circle Tote by Elizabeth Hartman and conquer my fear of bags.  I thought this would be the perfect addition to my ensemble for Taupo Symposium (the two yearly quilting event in NZ) which is happening in July this year.


By the end of April I want to be up to step 45 - and set the bag exterior aside.


After a long and tedious trip to Whangarei including a visit to Spotlight, I have chosen the following fabrics: solid grey as main exterior, large spot for handles and interior, other prints to feature on pockets etc.  I had bought the funky prints from the Auckland Festival of Quilts last November - and they've quietly waited for the perfect project - like good fabrics do :0)


In other news, Lola's Medallion is progressing slowly:


Block 16 and 17 are this months goals for the Tokyo Subway quilt.  Block 16 currently under construction.


And the newest little addition to our family - a currently un-named guinea pig to be a friend for Cream.  For those readers who don't know what guinea pigs are, they seem to look rather like rats with no tails, judging from this photo - but I'm sure it will grow to be much cuter!


Linking up with Fibre of All Sorts linky party.

10 comments:

Leeanne said...

Maybe the Guinea pig could be called 'Cookies' to go with Cream?
Why do you have a fear of bags?

Susan said...

I was thinking of calling the guinea pig "Peaches"! I am loving how Lola's Medallion is looking!

Debbie said...

Love that bag...I have collected a few bag patterns but have yet to actually make one!

Raewyn said...

Wow that's a lot of steps for the bag!! Have fun with it! Cream's friend is very cute - I used to love it when our kids had guinea pigs. Hope you got some sewing done this weekend?

Η Πευκοβελόνα said...

The medallion quilt is really cute, I like the color choices!

Jenny Squawk said...

Great work on the medallion. Bags aren't too hard. Do check to see if there are any corrections yet for the bag first. Sweet pig. We've got two brother guinea pigs. We adore them, even if they are a little forceful in requesting veg every time we open the fridge door.

Lynette said...

Awww - what a cutie. Guinea pigs and chinchillas are just so lovable. Love the fabrics in your medallion! Bags can be challenging - the one you're working on looks terrific.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

That Medallion quilt is stunning

Linh said...

That bag is real cute, I want one.

Hopes Handcrafts said...

awww...piggies are so cute. We've had them for years now. I'm wanting to make a small bag for my camera some time. I'm feeling all inspired now!