Friday, April 19, 2013

Plan of attack

School holidays for the next two weeks means lots of sewing in my immediate future!  Making specific goals for the Lovely Year of Finishes seems to really have an effect on my productivity, so I think I should make some goals for this time off work.

I realize I've let my various BOM commitments slide recently... unfortunately it is impossible to do everything :0)

* So first up on my list is to do the Craftsy 2012 BOM blocks for June, the Greek Cross block and Octagon Orb block (both nine patch variations).  I need to finish start my spiderweb block from the March blocks and do surgery on the other string block.  I need to find finish the April log cabin blocks and I am not going to do the EPP blocks that I detest.  Making this decision, and mental distance has reignited my enthusiasm for this project. Unfortunately the Greek cross block is calling out to me as this would be the perfect block for a particular bundle of fabric (especially if I steal Ms Lottie's quilt layout)... but no, no more, I am going to exercise enormous restraint and only complete what I need to do for the BOM - no tangents.  Enormous restraint!  Enough said.

* Make another basket block and two more sampler blocks from the jelly roll sampler book.

* Piece block 17 Tokyo Subway quilt

* Wagon wheels quilt hand quilting finished... but that might just be dreaming.

* Make something out of three orphan bright blocks, and three orphan pastel blocks.

* Buggy Barn Folk Bloom applique blocks - turn into a modern styled quilt top.  It really bugs me when I read the various definitions of modern quilting and they always diss applique... I'm sure you can make a modern applique quilt... I intend to do it... whether it gets finished over the next two weeks is really the question.
 

No photos to tempt or tease... is anyone still reading??

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Here's what's scary...I read it all...and I know most of the projects you are talking about! For some crazy reason...posting about a project on a blog helps it get finished!

Charlotte Scott said...

Big plans, hope they all come to fruition. I'm wishing you happy, healthy, well behaved children who occupy themselves all holidays....