Well, to start, I didn't get the job I applied for. Had a wonderful interview yesterday, but some things are just not meant to be. On the positive side, I pegged out two loads of kids washing yesterday (this filled up my entire line and used up all my pegs) when it was soo lovely and hot - and risked it and left it outside overnight (even though the weather report was dodgy to say the least) as it wasn't quite dry yet - and it didn't start raining until the morning, and I got it inside without it getting noticeably wet!! Woohoo.
I have also finished my round robin block - and have spent the morning removing the paper from inside the applique. Which is not as bad as it sounds. So recap the basic process. Trace and cut out freezer paper pattern on the line, and iron to wrong side of fabric. Cut around freezer paper with skinny 1/4" seam allowance. Use water soluble glue to stick seam allowance over to wrong side - trimming seams and clipping curves where necessary. Glue all the elements together before finally gluing the applique design to the backing fabric. Use invisible thread and tiny zigzag to attach applique to background. Cut between all the stitching lines on the back to reveal the paper. Lay face down (the applique not you) on a flat surface, and cover with damp cloth for 20min or so, to allow the glue to disolve and unadhere from the paper and fabric. Basically use any method required to remove paper from the fabric - fingers, nails, tweezers... are all good. Press until dry.
My block now gets sent to Australia... and hopefully I'll get somebody elses block arrive in the post one day soon. It will be interesting to see how other people have interpreted the theme.
I plan to do some reading now, listen to the rain, enjoy the last few days of the holidays...